Sunday, January 18, 2009

Let's go to the Mall

On Saturday in an effort to join the human race I went to the mall. I left my house and instantly wished I had stayed home and taken a nap. I am not the biggest fan of crowds but I do enjoy people watching. My main purpose for going to the mall -other then just to get out of the house- was to go to Borders. I have been reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde online and its making me nuts. I prefer to have books in my hands. I love the smell of books. The way they feel and the way the look. It is comforting to me. I digress back to the mall.

As I roamed the stores of the Boise Town Center mall I observed quite a few things that made me laugh and roll my eyes.
*Mothers dragging their daughters around shopping for make-up and all things girly. The daughters making the "I wish you weren't here mom" face.
*Teenage "couples" hugging and holding hands and making me gag.
*A sweet boy on his phone telling someone that its better to go to Banana Republic because they will shop for you. Apparently the employees their just bring you clothes. I wouldn't know because Banana Republic is out of my size and price range.
*The restrooms practically require a map and compass to get to.
*Single fathers looking exhausted with their kids following them closely pointing to things they want and need.

All in all it was a good way to re-aclimate myself to humanity as I have been a shut in for the last 3 months. It was a fun adventure and I will be going back later this week. I am on a quest to find the most adorable piece of hair flair for my friend who is getting married on Saturday. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS...my dear is why you don't go to the mall or public places by yourself. As you have no one to share the experience with...no one to do cartwheels in the card aisles with...and no one to puke in Chuckuporama's parking lot with. Also...what kind of cuteness are you looking for for her hairpiece? Because, as much as I hate to say it...Claire's or Icing or something like that seems to have some cute little tiara's or something like that. I want one that looks...well...I will have to find one and send you a copy of it to show you, because I'm not girly enough to try to explain it. HOWEVER, it is pretty girly, for that someday event... :)

Paige Moore said...

And as a fellow Boisean, I think you should realize that it's callsed Boise Towne Square... Please note the Es on the end of each word to make it more classy. I haven't been there for years but good luck at Claire's!

Becky said...

Oh my sweet friends! Paige thank you for the clarificatation. I knew that something was off. Its much like adding the classy E for Capitol Theatre in Salt Lake. Would I be as cool as these locations if I changed the spelling of my name to Beckye or Becke :)

Nat said...

Ah, the mall. Isn't it funny how when we were all, like, 11, the mall was the coolest place ever?

Allie said...

In Texas we have great malls, I mean its too damn hot to do much else here! Anyway we love being out and about at the mall, although I don't like going alone! Anywho, if you lived here I would take you to Sam Moon, quite possibly the best place to get hair stuff for weddings, try out their website, its cheap and classy, and they are fun! Ask Leighs about it if you don't believe me! its sammoons.com I think:D Good luck!