Thursday, January 22, 2009

Let's Go To The Mall Part II

I went back to the mall yesterday to complete my quest: Finding adorable hair accessories for Cassy's wedding day hair.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

I went to Icing not only did the accessory store have what I wanted for Cassy's hair, but it held many more treasures. (I have decided I should not be allowed back in the mall unless I leave my wallet at home and only allow myself a cash allowance) Needless to say it was absolutely essential that I get new shiny, dangley earrings and then of course I had to get studs for my the second piercing in my ears.

After I left there I made a fatal shopping error. I went to my favorite store . . . Torrid (the curvy girls dream store). Its not a huge store and I am sure I made my way around it ten times. I was talking myself into and out of buying new clothes. I grabbed some perfume because it was only $4.00. Then I justified a black long sleeve shirt. (If I may digress for a moment. . .I have very few clothes. I have a huge closet and I use less then a quarter of it. I can wash all my clothes in one load if I don't include my many pairs of jammies.) I walked up to pay and looked at the cashier and told her to tell me I needed a $50 pair of jeans. She said yes you do. I then told her my favorite pair of jeans are tore up and the other pair I have fit me weird. She said that was horrible and I absolutely needed a pair of $50 jeans. I as I grabbed the beautiful new jeans on the counter, I said new jeans are more important the groceries, right?. She said yes. That was all I the convincing I needed. She rang me up. I am determined to prove she must have been one of Satan's evil minions.

However now that I have all of these new purchases in my possession I am glad that I was tempted and spent the money.

The moral of this story is every once in a while its ok to splurge on yourself.
You DESERVE it!!!

5 comments:

MisterE said...

Be careful on the slope of justifing ones pruchases. It can easily go from jeans to a fancy coat to a tv to a new car to a...well you get the point. If you can stop at the little things then it is all okay, just do as I say not as I do is the lesson I offer. It comes back to get you in the end, and you can't take it with you! Have a great time at the wedding.

Nat said...

YAY for new jeans! You can eat Ramen; you can't go outside naked. :)

By the way, I don't know if you've ever watched "How I Met Your Mother", but there's a character on there named Robin, who was a Canadian pop star. They made her look like Tiffany. She sings a song called "Let's go to the mall".

Okay, I couldn't resist: here's the YouTube link for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdD0j6wmMNc

Enjoy!

Automobile Birdsinger said...

HAHA!! I totally can do all of my laundry in one load also! But I have to do another one just for my pajama bottoms!:) But I still insist on keeping all of those clothes in my closet that I will never wear again!:)

Allie said...

See my problem is I over splurge, which is why more poor husband is skinny and works so dang hard! Good for you girl! I LOVE Torrid!

Becky said...

Eric ... This is why I don't have a credit card LOL

Natalie. . .I have watched it. In fact my friend Eric burned me a cd with that song on it.

Autumn. . .I am just happy we started doing our laundry LOL

Allie. . .Thank God for Torrid