Thursday, January 15, 2009

Babbling Becky

It used to be that the one way I could clear my head was to write. I would sit down with a pen and notebook and would just let it all flow. It would usually end in a glimmer of self discovery. I don't do that anymore. However I am desperate tonight because I haven't fallen asleep before 1:30 am in a week. If you know me this is truly out of character for me.

I was a half hour late for work today because I slept through my alarm. Thank God they just laughed at me. I moved snail like through my day. Every time my supervisor looked at me she gave me the "You poor girl look". A valid look considering today I appeared to be a zombie.

I forced myself to go to Walmart tonight. Ok I am exagerating. I needed some retail therapy. It was the most amazingly peaceful Walmart experience I have ever had. It was a wonderful Walmart quiet, clean, wide aisles and bright. I of course spent much more then I had anticipated. I was inclined to buy 2 different kinds of mascara. One mascara I know I like the other is a new kind that is supposed to enhance my eye color. I bought hair dye. I am nervous because its a brand that I have never used and its a shade lighter then I have been dying my hair for years. The reason I am going a shade lighter is because I have found the base color of my hair is now gray not dark brown and it doesn't take the dark brown so well. I also bought sleepy time tea. Which I am drinking as I write this fine example of babbling.

It seems the combination of the tea and the babbling is making me very drowsy.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Ready for this:D I had a hard time falling asleep before 3 am for about a month before I went to the doctor, turns out anxiety is killer for the racing thoughts and such, so I got some medicine, it works like a charm, however not all the time, I like simply sleep, its not addicting, it doesn't knock you out, it simply helps to put you to sleep, so in other words, say you know you won't get the full 8 hours, you can still take it and you won't be a zombie in the morning! Yeah its my new favorite friend!

MisterE said...

I had a month were I couldn't sleep, after so long I just crashed one day and it has been all good since then. I also will watch Friends with my head under a pillow. Just the sound of the show lulls me to sleep. The sleeping pills leave me wishing I was still asleep and do not make for a good day at work. Good Luck!