Sunday, June 28, 2009

Earwigs Be Ware!

Let me start out by stating I am not a gardener. I have never loved anything that has to do with working outside when its hot. I would rather work on a car and get grease under my nails and oil in my face then wrestle with nature. Don't get me wrong I like to view nature and be surrounded by nature I just don't like to try to control it. Now that you know this you are properly prepared to hear the rest of my story.

I have a garden along the side of my garage that runs parallel to the sidewalk that leads to my front door. I have successfully neglected this garden up until today. I had let it get over grown and sad. I love my home and was determined this weekend to take care of the outside. I went to Fred Meyer and got some gardening gloves and a little spade. I already had clippers thanks to my friend Megan. I set everything next to my front door on Friday night so it would stare at me and force me to take care of the mess along my garage. Around 5:30 this evening when the garden was shaded I ventured into the great wild.

Here is what I found. My 4 rose bushes had to be trimmed back so much that there are no longer roses on them. The iris plant that I have will be easy to dig up as soon as I find a shovel. I have an earwig problem. Yep, the last thing is going to make me a gardener. The earwigs, destroyed my roses and that is why I had to trim them back to nothing. I now care what my garden looks like. I am going to wrestle nature and win!!! I will have a beautiful garden that shows how much I love my cute house. I will no longer let it be over run by weeds and ugly bugs that don't love my garden like I do!

-I would also like to take a moment to show my appreciation to the Ipod GODS!! Without them my gardening love would be more like gardening obligation and disdain!-

No comments: