Sunday, June 21, 2009

Early Morning Adventures of an Insomniac


Saturday at 2:30 am I was wide awake. 3:30 am still not sleeping tried reading. 4:30 am annoyed with reading started surfing the net. 5:30 thought hey I have never been to Oregon, I think its about time. So I hopped in my car and drove to Ontario, OR.

I ended up in the most beautiful place. It was Ontario State Recreation Site. Its not far off the freeway. I enjoyed the view of the Snake River. The sound combination of the river, the wind blowing through the trees and the birds was so inviting. I sat on a tree and lost myself in the moment. It was just what I needed to clear my mind and find some peace. I was so glad that I decided to throw some spontaneity into my world.



As I was sitting there breathing deeply enjoying the nature around me I realized that I want a big kid camera. I would love to take up photography as a hobby and I am afraid that the camera on my cell phone just isn't going to work for this new goal.


This picture is to remind you all that I LOVE hooded sweatshirts. It was the perfect temperature for a sweatshirt. This unseasonably cool June freaking ROCKS (yes I am doing the Hoddie Happy Dance)

I am happy to report that when I returned home from my adventure I went to sleep for a few hours. I woke up refreshed. I proceeded to have an eventful, fun and FANTASTIC Saturday.

2 comments:

MisterE said...

Looks like a cool trip and yes you should get a big kid camera so we can see more of your adventures. Also I am loving the cool June, if this is global warming sign me up!

Nat said...

What a fun trip! It's so fun to do something just way out of the ordinary. And what a beautiful park! Reminds me (kind of) of the one in Denver when we went on that trip about 500 years ago...