Friday, July 16, 2010

Loving Appreciation

This is dedicated to The Wasatch Mountain Range …

I fell in love with you all over again today. I tried so very hard to forget the comfort you provided. I had done a satisfactory job at it for a long time. I had even seen you in passing over the years, but I had always done well to keep my distance, admiring your majesty from a far. I was drawn to you today by fate. Your serenity soothed my anxious heart, your stillness and welcoming spirit brought me to tears. For a moment I allowed myself to imagine what it would be like if we were together again. I fantasized about meaningful hikes, memorable sunsets and moments of freedom. Your grandeur has always made me feel like I could reach extraordinary heights. Inside and out I love you. Every color you yield on your perfectly imperfect surface made me long to be near you. Yet the fact is that we reside in two different places that seem worlds apart. As I left your presence today I admired your strength and fragility. You reminded me that it is normal to look to you for safety. I will not repress the memories I have with you nor will I stay away for so long again. I love you still.

1 comment:

MisterE said...

I couldn't live without the Wasatch in my backyard. Sure one day they might try to kill me with an earthquake but it will be totaly worth it after all the enjoyment and good times they have given me.