Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Is Here If You Care

I care! For the first time in YEARS I care. I am so excited about Christmas this year. Since October I have been looking at Christmas decorations with the slightest bit of shame. I happened to be one of the people in years past that would bah-humbug such action. I couldn't understand why everyone wanted to skip months of thier lives just to "enjoy" one day out of the year. This year is different though. I know why I am excited its not because of gift getting or gift giving. Its because its the time of year when there is a collective effort to be kind and to look inside yourself and find the good in life. Now combine those things with comforting lights on a Christmas Tree, the familar crooning of Bing Crosby and Rose Mary Clooney and the smell of pepermint hot chocolate it gives me an overwhelming sense of excitement.

To help me explain my transformation I call upon Faith Hill. . .See the lyrics below from http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/faithhill/whereareyouchristmas.html

"Where Are You Christmas"

Where are you Christmas
Why can't I find you
Why have you gone away
Where is the laughter
You used to bring me
Why can't I hear music play

My world is changing
I'm rearranging
Does that mean Christmas changes too

Where are you Christmas
Do you remember
The one you used to know
I'm not the same one
See what the time's done
Is that why you have let me go

Christmas is here
Everywhere, oh
Christmas is here
If you care, oh

If there is love in your heart and your mind
You will feel like Christmas all the time

I feel you Christmas
I know I've found you
You never fade away
The joy of Christmas
Stays here inside us
Fills each and every heart with love

Where are you Christmas
Fill your heart with love


So my peeps don't get bogged down by the commercial bombardment of Christmas. Keep it simple, Love is all you need to give this year.

I would also like to thank all of our service men and women and their families. Merry Christmas Troops!

2 comments:

Nat said...

Last year and this year we're trying to keep Christmas simple. I'm really not wanting to pull out the Christmas tree this year, but I know if I don't my kids will have to go to therapy or something when they grow up. I do love Christmas though.

Crystal said...

As you know...this year is a bit of a bah-humbug year for me. I think I have good reason for it. And since I am one of the women, and family members of a deployed servicemember...you know how much I appreciate your love and continual support. Each day of your friendship has been and will always continue to be a blessing. :) Love you!!